Thursday, May 21, 2009

Being a Bum

Today is all about being lazy. Isn't it nice, every once in a while, when you have a day when there is literally nothing that you have to do? No obligations, no appointments, no worries. I am so used to having all kinds of random commitments, so when one of these glorious opportunities does finally arrive, I often waste it away feeling anxious and guilty about not being productive. But not today! I am truly enjoying this beautifully lazy summer afternoon on my couch, listening to music and catching up with friends! It is fantastic. 

And I have good reason to rest up today because this weekend will most assuredly wear me out! I cannot believe May 23rd is only 2 days away!!! My sweet Toney is getting married! It seems like just yesterday she was running into my room to show me her new "Christmas Present!" I cried then, and I can guarantee that when we are all standing together at the front of the church on Saturday, I will cry all over again (very happy tears, of course!). Elizabeth has meant more to me this year than words can explain, and I could not be happier for her and Caleb! I know that they will be so good to each other, and I cannot wait to see the beautiful marriage that God has planned for them. Love you both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment