Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baytowne, Bachelorettes, and saying goodbye.

This past weekend, we loaded up the cars, packed 11 girls in a two bedroom condo, and had a blast in Sandestin for Toney's "Last Big Fling before the Ring!" It was a fun-filled weekend, complete with sand, sunburns, and lots of seafood! It was so wonderful to get to spend one last weekend with some of my best friends from college, and celebrate the upcoming marriage of one of my all time closest friends. After a rocky start, we finally arrived late on Sunday evening. Ashley and I promptly made our way through Baytowne to Hammerheads and quickly devoured two amazing Mahi sandwiches while listening to a wonderful live band. Monday, we woke up, ate breakfast at my FAVORITE breakfast place ever (Another Broken Egg. Blackberry grits are a must try!), and spent the entire day at the beach! I am not usually a big fan of just sitting on the beach in one place for extended periods of time, but after "finals" week, I appreciated the rest and when right to sleep! Monday night, we threw Elizabeth a lingerie shower, then donned our "bachelorette gear" and set out for Rum Runners. After a very fun (and memorable) night, we all ended up sitting together in the big chair, wishing the weekend (and college) wasn't drawing to a close.

This week, Slay and I are taking a one week class at Jeff State, completing an entire 3-hour course in a matter of 6 days. It is wonderful! I am wishing I had taken advantage of this before! I came home tonight, and as always, sat on the back porch with dad and enjoyed some good wine and good conversation while Tinka chased the squirrels (unsuccessfully) all around the yard! I cooked dinner for everyone tonight, under Dad's constant "advice" of course. It was yummy, and I had such a great time getting to sit down and catch up with my sweet family!

3 weeks to New York....:)


1 comment: