Sunday, April 11, 2010

Beautiful Day, Beautiful Song.

Oh, what a beautiful day it is to sit on the porch and enjoy a Sunday afternoon! Here in the South, it is widely recognized that there are indeed only two seasons...mildly chilly and blazing hot with a side of humidity. So it truly is a blessing when every so often we get to experience a glimpse of what our Northern neighbors might refer to as "Spring." And today just so happens to be one of those days :)

I want to share with you the lyrics to a song I recently came across while reading a friend's blog. It is sung by a Christian artist named Francesca Battistelli, and it sums up perfectly what I hope the prayer of my heart remains as I move forward in this little adventure.

Jesus, I pray that you will "Slow me down, show me around
I wanna see the world that I’ve been without
I am here and now the future is out of my hands
I trust in you and how you move
I won’t forget that patience is a virtue
You’re teaching me to hang on tight

Cause I don’t know how the story ends
But I’ll be alright cause you own it
And I don’t know where the highway bends
But I’m doin just fine
Cause your in control
Even when I don’t know
Where my life’s gonna go
You’re keeping me guessing

Seasons come and seasons go
But you decide"

Amen.

Have a beautifully blessed Spring day, full of sunshine and happy thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Jordan, wanna know something crazy? Your blog is the first result that comes up if you search for Francesca Battistelli and the first line of the song. My youngest brother was telling me about the song but I forgot the name, so I googled it, and lo and behold, found your blog.
    Hope you're doing well!
    Matt

    ReplyDelete