Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Queen and the Queen City

In order to retain sanity during our late night painting-fetes (that's party en francais) in Dallas, we quickly learned that music was a must. Not only did it serve to drown out the incessant droning of our top-of-the-line air conditioning system, but it also created a nice rhythm to our brush strokes. Over and over and over again...I mean maybe its just me, but sometime around 3AM my beautiful red cabinets began to resemble something more like the time I scribbled all over my mom's pristine white walls with a magic marker as a 5 year old. Long story short, I was most grateful for the music.

And not just any music....the best of 80s ROCK bands became the theme. Journey, Boston, Bon Jovi, Foreigner and most especially QUEEN. I found "Somebody to Love" in Freddie Mercury and the rest of the crew as we danced around on a newly built stage with paint brushes and mops as microphones. Oh the memories...

And today, I am reminded of the lyrics to another one of their famous songs...and you all know how it starts. You're bopping along and all of a sudden you hear the infamous "dun dun dun da da dun dun". And without a moment's pause you find yourself spontaneously screaming "ICE ICE BABY! OMG I love this SONG!!!" (ok, maybe that's just me again). But no...you my friend have been punked. Instead, its those Queen guys with their rendition of "Under Pressure." And today I am starting to feel the pressure...

Tomorrow morning I will be flying to the Queen City of Charlotte, NC to meet my new analyst class and speak with each group in the Investment Banking division in order to determine where I will be placed for the next few years. In actuality, I am much more excited than nervous, but like they say "first impressions are everything" and I hope to make a great one! So please say a prayer or two if you have a spare moment this weekend. Can't wait to report back with my official position!

No comments:

Post a Comment