Saturday, April 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home

It never fails. There is nothing that can put a smile on my face like being able to spend a lazy weekend at home in Birmingham. There is plenty of good food, good wine, and long conversations with my parents that always serves to rejuvenate and redirect me. And this long Easter weekend has exceeded expectations...

The highlight of the weekend occurred Friday night when my entire family (grandparents included) attended "Secret Church" at the Church of Brook Hills. This 6-hour long lesson would be most closely compared to what I would call a Bible-Study-Marathon. It was an intense study on the "Cross of Christ" and turned out to be a night I will not soon forget. Throughout the night, we had the opportunity to gather together in prayer for the many persecuted churches around the world who are unable to meet as we do in the United States. The sermon given by Dr. David Platt was such a blessing, and I am so grateful to have had the chance to experience this event. 



Tonight, we are enjoying a relaxing night at home, complete with homemade spaghetti and apple pie! I am so looking forward to the large gathering of family and friends we will be having for Easter lunch tomorrow. I know it will be a special time of AMAZING food, fun, and fellowship as we remember the Resurrection of our precious Savior, Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment